Saturday, August 2, 2008

The heat is on















Wow! Can it be hot at 5:45am? You betcha.
I went home after running 10 miles today.
The wife said to get outside and ring out those
shorts. I had to take a photo of this as proof
that I must be dehydrated.

Speaking of hot, take a look at my new wife.
I traded broken Susan in for a new model.














Just kidding. Took Susan to the beauty shop
for a new doo. Hope this makes her feel better.
She goes back to her doctor on Wednesday.
Hopefully we will find out what the next step
will be to get her well so she can start coming
back out to run. She misses running and
everyone in the group.

Back to todays run. Gotter done. Kept up pretty
close with some of you guys today til about the
Center of The Universe. Shortly after there
Grandpa Ken (he got a new grandson on Friday)
caught up with me and we finished up the first
5 miles together. Roman joined in for the final
5 miles. At the pedestrian bridge Roman pointed
out that the American flag was limp. We didn't
have a breeze. Breezes were few and far between
today. My energy level got zapped about the 7.5
mile mark, guess I need to eat more Gu. Joe offered
me his spare Gu, but I passed because he pulled it
out of his sweaty shorts and said it was melted.
8.5 miles into the run I started feeling nauseous as if
I had eaten some bad Chinese food or Joe's sweaty,
melted Gu. My feet and legs hurt, can I really go
26.2 miles? I think I will let sick Susan baby me the
rest of the day. See some of you Monday evening and
the rest of you Tuesday evening.

2 comments:

T Z said...

in a word....to pic #1: EEWWW!
to Pic #2: HUBBA HUBBA!!

Keep us up to date with what the doc says about our girl. Hope they get it figured out!

simulatedme said...

That is so friggin cool. I was wondering if that was possible, I went into walgreens for a few minutes with enough water in my clothes the A/C had my teeth were chattering by the time I hit the register.