Saturday, August 9, 2008

Woo Hoo! New Sneakers



Woo Hoo! Got me a new pair of running shoes from RunnersWorld-Tulsa (free plug). Got me the Asics Gel-Nimbus. My feet are thanking me. Had four hundred miles on my last shoes. I didn't realize it but had worn through the insert on one foot and that was causing a blister. Ken helped me try on about 8 pairs of shoes before I made the decision to go with the first pair I tried. Could have saved us both some time and I wouldn't have had to make so many running trips in front of the beauty shop next door. I've always wondered what kinds of conversations they have about us crazy runners. I also bought me some new inserts for my old shoes so I could still use them on a rainy day or maybe on the Turkey Mountain trails.

Awesome weather today. Ed and I ran our eight miles together. Thanks Ed for keeping me moving. We carried our own water bottles (you gotta see Ed's blog for his) so we didn't have to stop at the water stops. We would pass some of the other runners (Linda, Jenni, Lisa, Jason, Marvin and dog) at the water stops then they'd pass us. At one point we passed Lisa and Kim of the Bean Team. They looked lost without their run leader Deon. Hey Deon, we want you back from Iowa. Jennifer and Rachael, we need you back also.

How many of you guys ran up the Woodward park hill? I for one had to walk it. Ed was feeling pretty good and soared up it like it was meant to be conquered.

After running, went with Ken, Kathy and Susan and refueled with breakfast at Duffy's restaurant 15th and Lewis (another free plug). Missed you Brian.

Time to rest.

3 comments:

Ethiopian Elites said...

I ran up the Woodward Park Hill as did most of the people in the group I was with. We couldn't let those Fleet Feet groups that were right there with us get the upper hand.

simulatedme said...

Dude them are some sweet kicks. It's amazing what a difference shoes can make. I wish next Saturday would be as cool as this one when we get to put those shoes to a real test.

Chrissy (Cooper) Whitten said...

Glad Michael has been running with you all...even with his break from doing it! Hopefully the cooler weather will keep him motivated!