Monday, August 4, 2008

Mowing and Running in the Heat

What a pleasant surprise this evening.
Ken and Dana came out and ran with me.
We ran on the west side of the river for 3 miles.
















Down at the sewer plant they had the flame
throwers going. I think that would be a great
place to stop during a run and have a weiner or
marshmallow roast. You can feel the heat coming
off those burners as you go by making a hot day hotter.



















Have you ever wondered what your heart rate
would be while mowing your yard. I have.
So Sunday I strapped on my heart rate monitor
and went and mowed the lawn. It was between
120 and 130 bpm. It takes me right at an hour to
finish so I'm calling this good for crosstraining.

3 comments:

Candice said...

It looks like running with those two will make it hotter as well...

T Z said...

AHEM!!! Hey now!!

Candice said...

TZ - when you've got pictures like that of yourself and your lovely wife posted on the internet, you should expect a few comments!