Thursday, August 7, 2008

Oops! and update on Susan

Oops! Went out too fast tonight and the legs paid for it.

Man oh man the weather was awesome tonight.
83°F feels a lot better than 103°F. Started out
running with the group and pretty much kept up
for the first mile. I first thought everyone had slowed
a bit but then realized I had started too fast. After the
first mile my lower legs tightened up. Had to slow down
to a snails pace. My legs finally loosened up at about
3 to 3.5 miles. Got my 6 miles done. Went home and ate
some awesome leftover homemade meatloaf and watched
Big Brother. Sorry you got voted out Jessy, but look at the
bright side, you get to go back home to Iowa and pump
some more iron.

Now a medical update from Susan:
"Hey everyone, just thought I would give you all an update as to what I found out this week from my heart Dr. I don't know much more than I did which is very discouraging. He is sending me for 2 more tests next week and after that he will slowly increase my heart meds to another 100 mg which will kick me in the rear. I am sure none of you had to experience taking heart meds. Let me tell you hopefully you all will never have to experience it! They make you very tired, you stay nauseated all the time, lightheaded etc. Now I will be taking in more dosage. Bobby will think I am totally useless LOL. The Dr. said if the added dosage doesn't help then he will send me to an electrophysiologist to discuss surgery. I think maybe the surgery wouldn't be so bad after all because then maybe I could come off these horrible drugs that are poisoning my body. He also told me I couldn't run (like I feel like it) until we can get my heart calmed down. I miss running with everyone so much but I will definately be at the finish line cheering everyone for the Tulsa run & Route 66 for those who are running in them. Everyone have a blessed rest of the week and please keep praying for me. Susan"

The Four Stages of Life:



















Yep! That about sums it up!

1 comment:

T Z said...

A pessimist says the beer bottle is half empty.
An optimist says it is still half full.
But I say, Hey buddy can I help you finish that beer?

Susan, we'll keep you in our prayers. We just gotta get you better. It's just not the same without ya around!!