Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Miles Are Getting Serious Now

12 Miles running today. Almost half a marathon.
I think Ed must have had to slow way down to stay with me.
Thanks again Ed, great run. We had an average pace of 13:59/mile.

Mile 1 - 12:06
Mile 2 - 14:26 (stopped for a minute and talked to coach Kathy)
Mile 3 - 12:39
Mile 4 - 12:24
Mile 5 - 12:41
Mile 6 - 16:11 (hung out for a few at the Turkey Mountain water stop)
Mile 7 - 12:48
Mile 8 - 14:04 (getting tired now)

Mile 9 - 15:24 (getting drained of energy, walking some and watching the Riverside 5000 race)
Mile 10 - 15:06 (got to keep going)
Mile 11 - 15:21 (that darn hill at Harvard along the Creek Turnpike)
Mile 12 - 14:40 (gotter done, only 14 more to go for a marathon)
Ed had more energy than I did, he ran up all the big hills when I walked them. I'll bet he could have kept up with the Bean Team or Linda and Rachael (welcome home Rachael) who were nowhere in site.

I sure am impressed with Sonya. She is training to walk the entire Route 66 marathon. She is a super fast walker and continues to put in all the miles that the runners do. She always get done not long behind me. She would beat me walking for sure.

Went home and showered. Took Susan out for breakfast at Village Inn.
What a surprise, while eating we were joined by Kathy, David, Roman and Ken. Had an enjoyable visit with them.

3 comments:

T Z said...

Seems like I remember seeing a MONSTER breakfast burrito on you plate, but it was only there for a very short time.

Ethiopian Elites said...

You and Ed are doing great! By the way, I did not pick the route for Saturday, so the hills were not my fault. It was a pleasant surprise to meet you and Susan for breakfast after the run. See ya soon!

jenni said...

you go Bobby!