Friday, August 22, 2008

Spending Time with our Princesses

Thursday night Susan & I had the pleasure of spending time with our granddaughter Katie & our daughter Alicia. We are not prejudice or anything like that but we truly think we are blessed with the two most beautiful girls ever. Alicia who gets her looks from Susan but her personality from me is truly a joy to be around. She has turned out to be a good little wife & mom to our amazement since she was so shy & spoiled growing up. She works hard for her husband's family business and enjoys spending her free time with her daughter & husband and watching movies.















Now comes to our princess Katie.














She is 6 years old and so full of life and makes us laugh every time we are around her.
She is in the first grade and very smart we might add. She loves to read all the time and you won't find her without a book somewhere nearby. Last night we watched her for awhile because her parents had to go to the school for a parent meeting. Susan asked her what book she was reading now and she brings out this thick Nancy Drew type book which was several hundred pages long and Susan asked her if she really was reading it with those big words and she looked at her like she was silly and said "Yah duh!". She also likes to critique me when I haven't shaved my face because if I am the least little bit stubby she lets me know by saying "papa shave!". We were having a good time playing with her last night and when she saw her parents coming back from their meeting she said "I hope the teacher told them I was doing good". When her parents came in she asked them what the teacher said about her doing good and her dad jokingly said that the teacher didn't want her to come back because she was bad and Katie said "dad! are you kidding me!". We all got a big laugh out of that. This is why I wasn't running with you guys last night because our princess was needing us. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

4 comments:

Ethiopian Elites said...

You have a couple of cute princesses there. I don't blame you for missing the run. See ya bright and early on Saturday.

T Z said...

Good lookin girls! And yup, they definitely get their looks from Susan!

T Z said...

Just a quick Q....celebrating Christmas early??

Bobby said...

tz, the Christmas photo was an older photo. Susan forgot to take a picture of our daughter while we were there.