Thursday, August 21, 2008

Confession

After running last night I had to go home to Susan and make a confession. I found out Michael is my son. I guess he will have to change his name to Michael Michaels. That makes Chrissy (his wife) my daughter-in-law. Welcome to the family Chrissy.

LOL ! Don’t panic people. Only joking.

What really happened follows:
I have to miss our normal Thursday evening training run so
I decided to hook up with Ken and Michael last evening and get
5 miles on the Turkey Mountain trails to make up for my lost night.
On the trails we met up with Brian and the speed demons coming
from the other direction. We stopped and chatted for a while.
They had a new girl running with them (I forgot her name).
She asked if Michael and I are father and son. We told her no but she
couldn’t believe it. She said we looked too much alike. She is
African-American so I guess we all look alike to her
(NO OFFENSE INTENDED).

Ticks – 0, Chiggers – 0, Bee/Wasp Stings – 0, Falls – 0,
Snake Bites - 0, Poison Ivy – will know in a day or two

Anyhow, see everyone Saturday morning bright and early.

5 comments:

T Z said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
T Z said...

Her name is Nedra. (I am hopeing I spelt that rite!)

No new itches for me. I have been taking mega-doses of cayenne to kill the ones I have. It seems to be working.

Kidney Bean a.k.a. Erin said...

Oh my word bobby. I laughed out loud to the "we all look alike to her" comment. That was funny. Sorry to hear you won't be out with us tonight. You will be missed.

Rachael Alise said...

Bobby, your blog is the greatest...

Chrissy (Cooper) Whitten said...

Father-in-law...it's been too long! :) I think I could handle being your daughter-in-law! I'm counting the months and days down when I can FINALLY join you all. I need to start walking with Candice ASAP, but one scar is giving me a time or two of frustration! :)