Friday, October 31, 2008

Wanna See My Boo Bees

Can you identify this photo?

It's hard to believe the Tulsa Run has come and gone.
I had a great run. Shaved 10 minutes off last years time.
That's a minute a mile faster. My time was 1:48:57.
Not too bad for a fat boy. I met me a new friend while there.
I do not know if it is a he, a she or a combo of the two.
Mile splits: 10:48, 11:16, 10:46, 11:20, 11:27,
11:20, 12:13, 12:47, 13:00 (Denver hill).

Mondays 4 miler with Susan, Michael and Ken went well.
We will be running around Zinc Lake starting next Monday
due to daylight savings time ending this weekend. If anyone
wants to join us give one of us a shout.

Tuesdays 4 mile run seemed to go by fast.
10:34, 11:43, 12:28, 11:12.

Wednesday Susan and I went for a casual 8.5 mile bike ride
on the west side. If you have never biked over there I highly
recommend it.

For a little fun on Halloween I thought I would show you my
Boo Bees.

Thursday night we had a Halloween fun run staring at
RunnersWorld Tulsa. It was a blast. We ran down Peoria and got
lots of honks and stares from people eating at their favorite
Brookside restaurants.
I think this is the first time I have dressed up for Halloween since
I was 12 years old.

Tomorrow is our last long run. 22 miles.
I am looking forward to it to see how well (or how bad
I do). I hope everyone running tomorrow has a great run.

5 comments:

Ethiopian Elites said...

Great costume Bobby! Don't wear it on Saturday, though.

Cassy Russell said...

Your costume is great! So is the river pillars picture.

I read on Ken's blog too about the Zink Lake route. Can you tell me where it is? What time do you guys head out?

Rachael Alise said...

Bobby...I think you are such a great sport to dress up...too cool...

See you Saturday...

Whoo hoo

Bobby said...

Cassy, the Zink lake route is the loop from the pedestrian bridge at 31st to the 11th street bridge. Cross over to the other side and return to the pedestrain bridge. Then cross back over on the pedestrian bridge. We are going to park on the east side at 21st at the restroom area (the old rivers edge). We will meet usually at 5:30pm on Mondays, sometimes 6:00pm depending on everyones schedules.
Come out and join us. The more the merrier.

T Z said...

You've been tagged!!! Go to my blog (trail zombie) for details.