Sunday, October 19, 2008

Nice Weather for a Run or a Bike Ride

Today went bicycle riding with Susan and Christin.
Rode 5 miles, stopped for a picnic, then rode 5 miles back.
Christin and Susan enjoying sandwiches.

Christin, Bobby and Susan.

Susan and Christin just outran the train.

I think I can, I think I can.
Christin pedalling up Turkey Mountain.
Susan gave up.

You're almost there Susan. Keep going.

Our last 5:45am Saturday morning I went running with the RunnersWorld group. We had another great turnout. Some of us went 10 miles others went 11, 12, 13 and more. Many ran further than they ever have before. Congratulations on your accomplishments. I hope everyone keeps running after their upcoming events. Kinda getting used to seeing everyone. Ed, Russell and I stuck together on our run. We had a strong 10 miles. Our average pace was 12:35. Here is our mile splits: 12:18, 12:10, 12:50, 12:11, 13:16, 13:14, 12:23, 12:55, 11:44, 12:52. Not too bad by this fat boys standards. Great job guys. Hope you are not too sore or too tired. I felt pretty good all weekend.

The city of Tulsa is launching a new web site on Tuesday where you can log your walking, running and biking miles. The goal is for the community to become healthier and to surpass one million miles within 12 months. http://www.tulsamillionmiles.com/

6 comments:

T Z said...

Glad you guys had a good ride. I guess I am still trying to get back to a normal sleep cycle. We were up until 2:30 or 3:00 watching movies, and then slept ti; 11ish. Dana needed to get her long run in so we did 10 strong miles on Turkey.

Pretty strong splits on your run Saturday. Like that sub 11 late in the run.

What's up with the million mile club? The site evidently was not up yet. I might be interested in it, if I can remember to post my miles.

Bobby said...

tz, the site is not supposed to be up until Tuesday. We'll get you out there on a bike ride soon.
Hope you catch up on your z's.

Kidney Bean a.k.a. Erin said...

I can barely walk up that stupid hill at Turkey. Good for you guys. See you all soon. Not sure about the calf, but I'm getting it checked out today.

Chrissy (Cooper) Whitten said...

Nice pics...you all are looking very healthy! Michael enjoyed his run with you tonight! Sorry I didn't get to join...I was already going to walk with another...I'm going to do my best effort to meet at the store at 5:30 tomorrow! :) to walk

Bobby said...

Chrissy, we meet at 69th & riverside on Tuesdays. Hope to see you there.

simulatedme said...

I actually was surprisingly sore for a "mere" ten miles. Felt good though probably due to my on the roadness