Sunday, September 21, 2008

Tackled Them Hills

Wow! Those were some hills on Saturday compared to last
weeks flat course. I have overheard some of the other runners
saying they actually like some hills thrown in. I have to agree.
Even though it is tougher it kinda makes it more interesting,
challenging and a little less boring. So Kathy (or was it really Roman),
even though you gave us the hills you just might have went up in the
popularity contest with Dave. The weather was awesome.

The pace I am shooting for in the Route 66 marathon is 13:30/mile.
That will be a time of under six hours.

My average pace on my long runs up til now have been
:
July
8 miles - 13:52
8.5 miles - 13:10
7.5 miles - 12:18
9 miles - 13:35
August
10 miles - 14:12
8 miles - 13:08
12 miles - 13:59
6 miles - 13:19
14 miles - 14:33
September
9 miles - 12:57
16 miles - 14:19
8 miles - 12:43

5 comments:

Chrissy (Cooper) Whitten said...

Look at you go! VERY COOL!

T Z said...

I've been crunching them numbers, and what I see is steady improvement. A little slower pace on the longer miles, but comparing similar distances in September to August, you are getting a little faster as you progress into your training. Good work!

Ethiopian Elites said...

Watch it Bobby! If hills would make me gain in popularity, I can give you hills. Kathy won't be there next Saturday, and I may have everybody do hill repeats for 18 miles. We will run up 15th Street to Utica and back over and over.

Of course, for me to gain in popularity, the people would have to still be alive after the workout, so maybe we won't do those hill repeats.

I agree with Ken. You do seem to be steadily improving. I think 6 hrs is definitely doable.

Bobby said...

Please don't do that to us Dave. Then it will be my fault.

Candice said...

Yay, Bobby!! I don't think you'll have any problems with your goal!

And since I won't be in San Antonio, I will be there to cheer you on and make sure it happens!!