Thursday, September 4, 2008

Route 66 Marathon

Just signed up for the Route 66 full marathon.
What did I do? Am I crazy?

Wow what a difference a little cooler weather makes.
Tonight it was 70 something °F and I felt great for a
change.

mile 1 - 12:03
mile 2 - 12:04
mile 3 - 11:49
mile 4 - 12:06
mile 5 - 12:05

How's that for consitency?

Can't wait to see what happens when it gets even cooler.

I think a challenge from Ed helped me out some also.
We went out together for the first 2.5 miles. He decided
6 miles was in his feet whereas I like to stick to the
schedule so was running 5. He said he would kick it up a
notch and try and catch up with me. He did make gains
because he made it back to the store not long after me but
he never caught up. Great job Ed but I will pat myself on
the back also.

My toes hurt!

Thanks Lisa Butler for speaking and RunnersWorld for hosting
the Trigger Point Massage & Relief for Plantar Fasciitis seminar.

4 comments:

Rachael Alise said...

Yes! I am going to follow your lead and get signed up this evening...I almost did it last night...must have been drinking the same cool-aid. =)

You are going to do great Bobby...this is awesome!

Ethiopian Elites said...

No, you are not crazy. Signing up for a marathon is a perfectly normal and sane thing to do. You are braver than I am. I think I waited until I got a 20 miler or even a 22 miler under my belt before I felt comfortable signing up for my first marathon.

You are not crazy, but if you are not careful, you could become addicted!

Chrissy (Cooper) Whitten said...

CONGRAT's...you are on your way. If you are crazy, then you are not alone! I just wish I was getting to run with you all! :( At least 2 months have flown by...just 4 months to go!

Ethiopian Elites said...

I'm now signed up. I am crazy.