Monday, September 1, 2008

14 miles with 12.2 to go


Milestone for the month of August: 102 miles

Monday went out with Michael on the west bank and got in 4 miles.
Got another 4 miles Tuesday with the RunnersWorld group.
Thursday evening started out with the RunnersWorld group and as
usual started out too fast and struggled for 6 miles with Ed.
Ed was kind enough to hang back with me. Thanks Ed.

Saturday ran (mostly ran) 14 miles, again with Ed. That's the most
mileage for both of us. We started with Deon but I guess our pace
was just a little slow for him so he inched ahead and was soon out
of site with his cousin Crystal. He and Team Bean were about a half
mile ahead of us at the last turnaround. We had Rachael, Linda and
Jennifer in our sites for much of the run, but eventually they got out
of our site also. The first 3 miles felt strong. Every time I looked at
my Garmin, our pace was between 12-13 min/mile. Sometimes a
little faster and sometimes a little slower.




Some points along the way I felt nauseous.








When we got done I was drained
of energy and really tired.
Didn't really hurt, just plain tired.




Did anyone else's feet feel like this?












This is not my foot but my feet felt about like this.

That's 28 miles for the week. Not 50, 80, 100 or more like some of
our fellow runner's, but hey, we are climbing up that mileage hill.

Charlotte, can't wait for your "Psychology and Running" talk.
I'm needing it about now, as I am wondering what the heck I'm
doing thinking I can run a marathon.

FYI:

Psychology and Running..... What goes on between your ears
when you run? Charlotte Lindley, with Lifestyle Fitness
will be in RunnersWorld, Thursday, September 18th at 7:00pm
to talk about the mind games we play when we run and how to
eliminate the negative self debilitating chatter.

Snacks provided.

Please RSVP to runnersworldtulsa@sbcglobal.net

5 comments:

Rachael Alise said...

Hey Bobby!

I have to tell you that it's been so incredible to be on this journey with all the newbies that started in January. I am sad that Susan had her little set back.

You are doing amazing!! We are going to do this, the whole 26.2...can't wait!!

T Z said...

"Psychology and Running..... What goes on between your ears
when you run? Charlotte Lindley, with Lifestyle Fitness
will be in RunnersWorld, Thursday, September 18th at 7:00pm
to talk about the mind games we play when we run and how to
eliminate the negative self debilitating chatter.

Snacks provided."

No games in my mind....in fact, there's not much at all going on between my ears. But snacks??? Did someone say snacks???

Ethiopian Elites said...

Bobby, you are doing great! Twenty eight is super duper for the week. At one time, even the hard core addicts (I would put Ken and Kathy in this category. I'm still in denial.) were happy to have that kind of mileage. Keep with it, and I'm sure you will make it through the marathon distance.

It will get easier when temperature and humidity drops. Just wait for a couple of weeks, and it will amaze you how much better you feel.

T Z said...

Dave is right. Put 4 of those weeks together and you're running 100+ per week. Bring on the cooler weather!!

Chrissy (Cooper) Whitten said...

BOBBY! I know you can do it! I remember when I was just starting with you all! You weren't even thinking about a marathon! I'm very proud of you...you've already come so far...you are over half way there...and that says a lot. Psychology and running.....hmmm..the best for me...I figured out what each mile represented for me....something I've conquered in my life...wanted to conquer...and dreamed of conquering...it really helped...plus I had Crazy Joe running with me and encouraging all the waY!