Thursday, November 13, 2008

Oops!!! I forgot to slow down

Okay. Enough of the ugly girl. I had no takers.

So we are in our taper period preparing for our marathon
which is only three days away. Coach Kathy's orders: take
it easy and slow down and maybe even walk a bit.
Did I listen? Ask Susan. She told me she doesn't want to
hear me complaining. If I were in a 5k race tonight I
probably would have gotten a new pr.
Do I still want to run a marathun? You betcha. All this
training. I am now ready to put it to use. The weather
sounds like it is going to be ideal. I have avoided serious
injuries and am feeling relatively good. Hope I wake up
Sunday morning raring to go. Does anyone have a
bulldozer so we can go level out some of those hills?
Good luck to everyone.

8 comments:

BOCA said...

Good luck to you as well!! I am sure you will do great. It's just you and the finish line. Hills don't exist it's our eyes playing tricks on us...

Kidney Bean a.k.a. Erin said...

I think that you are going to do great. You have been kicking miles and taking names. So are you do to ultra after this?

T Z said...

Ya know, when I used to go to the horse races, I would go down just before the race started and look for the horse who seemed the friskiest. Then I'd hustle back to the betting window to place a few bucks on him/her. It was a good strategy that usually paid off.

Bobby, you are that frisky horse. I am betting that you'll exceed your goals Sunday. I am thrilled to be running the race with ya!

Bobby said...

Sandra, I guess if we stay perpendicular to the hills then it won't seem like hills. I am looking forward to going down the 15th street hill.

Erin, I am thinking about a Michelob "Ultra" after this.

tz, don't put too big of a bet on me. Thanks for the confidence.

simulatedme said...

Dude when ya going to the packet pickup/ expo?

coco bean a.k.a. lisa said...

Wow. The "frisky horse". Damn I really want to comment but every time I try, dead silence. The "frisky horse". Wow.

Bobby said...

Ed,
Already went and picked up our packets. Getting more real now.

T Z said...

Ok Lisa....you can be a frisky horse too. :-Þ