Sunday, April 12, 2009

Me Legs Are Sore

Yea Hah! Our last long run before the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon is history. Who all ran the 22 miles? And who besides me is sore, sore, sore? Most everyone was already gone when I finished up so I hope it went well for you. Did your time for each loop come out close to the same? My first 3 loops were close to the same but I slowed down quite a bit on the fourth loop.
Now we get to taper.

Check Out the February 2009 issue of the Marathon Maniacs
newsletter Pages 18 and 19 for my entry into the
Maniacs Insane Asylum: February 2009 newsletter

4 comments:

Ethiopian Elites said...

I think I got in close to 23. My legs (actually my glutes more than my legs) were a little sore today, but nothing debilitating. I'm sure the hills made it a wee bit more tiring than if it was just a flat 22 miler.

My first loop was the slowest. The other loops were each 3-4 minutes faster than the first loop, and I think within about a minute of each other.

Cassy Russell said...

I didn't meet the negative splits, but I did run the 22. Quads were really sore on Sunday and still sore for my run this a.m.

T Z said...

Figuring whether my loops were slower of faster would have required more arithmatic than I wanted to do at the time. The only math I was interested in was 2, 3, or 4 pancakes for breakfast.

simulatedme said...

I had two miles leftover from the mock last fall and I spent those for a total of 20. Splits were good though. Not too sore today so I'm happy