Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Brutal Wind


Tom and Bobby not feeling any pain yet

Tom and Bobby crossing the finish line

Wow that wind was brutal at the 2009 Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon. Tom and I got through it, though at a snails pace. It was Tom's first marathon so I decided to stay with him for the company and to help him get to the finish line. He had some bleeding feet and some stomach issues at one point but he hung tough and forged ahead. Due to some injuries, the most miles Tom had ran up til the marathon was 18 miles, that's an 8.2 mile increase. Most people will never even run 8 miles. I say "Well done Tom. It was a pleasure running with you. I hope you have many more marathons in your future".

2 comments:

trobinson@cityofowasso.com said...

"THANK YOU BOBBY" That was one tough run, and no it won't be my last. I wish you were going to San Diego with me to do the Rock and Roll marathon I know it will be fun. Tom

BOCA said...

You both did Awesome...I love your upbeat spirit and attitude...