Wednesday, May 13, 2009

23 Miles on a Wednesday Night

You never know what your running friends are going to talk you into.

Here are my miles splits:
1: 4:45
2: 4:57
3: 5:44
4: 4:47
5: 5:39
6: 4:49
7: 7:50 (stopped for a break)
8: 5:02
9: 5:32
10: 4:39
11: 5:26
12: 5:13
13: 9:31 (a longer break)
14: 5:53
15: 7:01 (these hills are slowing us down)
16: 5:17
17: 6:26
18: 5:12
19: 4:26
20: 4:08
21: 4:11
22: 6:13
23: 4:49

Total time: 2:07
Avg Speed: 10.8 mph

Did I forget to mention this was a bicycle ride? This was the longest I have ever ridden in my life. The longest ride up til now was 10 miles which was on Monday night.

After our normal Tuesday night run on Riverside we were standing around having some usual discussions. Larry and Stefanie invited Ken and I to join them for a Wednesday night bike ride with the Tulsa bicycle club. The crazy guys we are decided that just might be fun, besides, we need to be doing some crosstraining. So we said yes.

We met up and off we went. Soon the speedy riders were out of site. That is just like my running. Soon the fast runners are nowhere to be seen.

Ken, Bronda and I stayed together for the duration.

We had a good time and would like to go out for more bike rides in between running days.


Ken


Bronda


Break time and filling the water bottles

5 comments:

Mary said...

That sounds like so much fun. I have heard about the Wednesday night rides but was too afraid to go by myself. Let me know when you go again, I would love to join in.

BOCA said...

Yeah for bike riding...I'd love to do some long rides...although like running I'm a slow bike rider...but have more hope for being a speedier bike rider than runner ha ha...

gunnarun said...

Thanks for letting me stay with you guys. I did enjoy it minus the dog. You did GREAT. Hope you are able to get out bed. My quads are sore but I think it was a great cross training session!

Bronda

T Z said...

Mary, Sandra....please join us next Wednesday. You will NOT be the slowest one. That would definitely be me. My bike is a hybrid, which means it is not a very good mountain bike and painfully slow as a road bike. It's a good bike, well enough made that try as I may, I can't wear it out! I am sure hoping for a decent road bike for my 50th B-day!! (hint hint)

tomdog said...

Glad to see you got Ken out there. You should check into doing the Tulsa Tough ride at the end of the month. I believe they have a 30 mile ride on Saturday & Sunday. Biking is a great compliment to running. Keep going!