Monday, December 15, 2008

Is it too cold to run when it's 12°F?


Is it too cold to run when it's 12°F with patches of ice?
At least six people in Tulsa don't think so.

I sent out an e-mail today announcing our usual Monday
night run. To my surprise Ken and Michael responded
and said they would be there. Now I have to go.

Brian e-mailed and said he would come out if it were not
for a meeting he had to attend. I wonder if he would have
shown up in shorts.

Prior to going Ken called and said he was reminded that he
was eating at Charleston's. I wish I'd thought of an excuse
like that. I think I would have picked Charleston's over
running.

Russell told me he thought about coming out to run til
he stuck his nose out the door and changed his mind rather
quickly.

The hardcore runner's that showed up were Michael,
his wife Chrissy, her sister, Debi and Carmen.
It was terribly cold but once we started moving it felt fine.

The only thing that got cold on me was my face.
I carried my water bottle as usual. When I finished my 3 mile
run It had already started to freeze. For every one's info I think
the water fountains along Riverside are either turned off or
frozen so I recommend carrying your own water especially on
your longer runs.

Michael and Chrissy (Chrissy's sister was in the warm truck)

Michael, Debi, Carmen

Michael, Debi, Bobby

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

your nutts, looks like im going to miss a few days until it gets above freezing.

BOCA said...

Yeah my run leaders Michael and Chrissy!! I hope to head out with the group tomorrow. I do have to say though I have an extreme fear of running and slipping on ice. Happened once when i was in college...still have the crack in my eye socket to prove it....but want to tough it out. Thanks for being a great inspiration!!!!!

coco bean a.k.a. lisa said...

OMG! you are all CRAZY! (but then so I for doing White Rock) Hope you had fun though. I am sitting by the fire. :)

T Z said...

You guys are brave and determined! Coldness is just another obstacle, like a hill, or a blister. It's all mind over matter. Turn off enough brain cells, and you can accomplish anything.

simulatedme said...

Oh my, I guessed I missed that email. Surely not because I avoided that email account like the plague just in case. I watched tv, while toasty warm atop a treadmill.

Christal Pellerin said...

Tee hee, I also ran on my treadmill last night. I plan on it tonight as well. Not because I'm a wuss, I have something to do tonight. :)

You all are great though, I give you kudos!

Candice said...

Way to go for being so dedicated!

Crazy... but dedicated!

Of course, when I'm not sick and pregnant, I'll be crazy with you!

Chrissy (Cooper) Whitten said...

Thanks for posting such a hot pic of myself...wow...good thing I got sick to lose the chins! :) Too bad my sis and I only made it about .2 miles that night! You guys were crazy..that's why I love you all!